Well, it appears that you have won yourself a first date. It feels satisfying. I know the feeling very well. And before I continue, congratulations are due. Now she has agreed to go out with you. You are really in a tight spot and you do not want to mess up. It even gets worse if this is you first date ever. Relax; I got your worries covered.
I’m of the opinion that you really like her. That will come handy when you finally meet her. But what exactly do you need to do on your first date to make it a success? Do not worry, all what you need to make the date memorable is all here for your taking.
- You should ensure that you plan everything right from the time and the place to meet. Ensure that you have enough time to get ready and be there without any hassles.
- If she makes the arrangements, you may not like the venue and you will be another first date flop
- That does not mean that you do not let her have some of her interests catered for in the plans. You can look for something you have a common interest in so as to make the event easy on both of you.
- You can always rehearse everything over. But just go natural without having to cram anything.
- Do not put lots of pressure on yourself but you have to be ready to get everything right.
- You could get a word or two from a friend who has had the experience. But all situations are not the same and you have to be you on this one.
- This preparation is really important to build on your confidence.
Choosing the Venue
- There are very many places to choose from but not all will be good for a first date.
- I wouldn’t advise for a movie place. Remember, you need a place where you can talk freely.
- A modest restaurant is good for you. You have the privacy and the meal bill won’t be heavy for your pocket.
How to Dress
- Yes, it matters how you dress on your first date.
- You do not necessarily need a suit but a well pressed pants and a shirt will really earn you marks.
- Remember, your shoes say a lot about you.
- In a nutshell, be impressive in your dressing.
Start the Conversation
- It won’t be easy to start the conversation but do not let silence rule your first date.
- Be the first to start the conversation.
- It gives you the chance to steer the conversation wherever you want it to lead.
- Be interested about her: what she likes in life, dislikes and other general stuff.
During the Date
- Be on time. This is the second impression you have to make after your dressing code.
- To be late, you are sending the wrong message. It appears that you are disorganized and have no sense of time and priority. This is not the impression you want to pass on your first date.
- Ask for a meal you can be comfortable with. This is not the time to try foreign cuisines. She will judge from the meal you order and how you eat it.
- It is out of the question; you have to pay the bills. Letting the lady pay is bad for you. Even if she insists, find a humorous way to turn down her offer.
- Do not be boring. Keep her engaged with a good conversation.
- Do not try to talk; you need a conversation. Ask questions and give her time to ask some too. When she does speak, be very attentive. They love it when they are listened.
- Throw a number of compliments to her. Do not be vague but ensure that you really sound convincing but not overly flattering.
Tame your Body Language
- Your body language may be the breaking point for your already good progress.
- Ensure that you do not suggest anything offensive with your body language.
- This time just converse and save the nonverbal cues for the second date.
After the date
- Do not seem to be in rush to leave. You will be sending the wrong message.
- Take as much time as you can possibly have. If anything, let her be the one to say that she wants to leave.
- Try to show some resistance and say that you want to spend some more time. But just a mild resistant not to sound selfish. You are just playing it nice to impress her and win a second date.
- Let her be the first to leave. You can walk her to her car or a bus stop.
- Remember, you have to impress her even with the smallest courtesies.
Go for a kiss or not?
- I really know this is something you are looking for. Do not be excited yet, I may disappoint you.
- Do not try to kiss her on the first date.
- She may have shown everything you needed to be convinced that she really likes you but a kiss is not the way to repay her.
- Hold on and be a gentleman.
- A hug will be good. It shows that you are not in any rush and you want her to stay.
Ask for a Second date
- Do not just let her go without a word on a follow up date.
- By now you are sure whether she likes you or not.
- Ask her for the second date.
- If you have been all this good throughout the date, you deserve a second date and she will gladly give it to you.
Keep in Touch
- You may have impressed her during the date but it does not end there.
- When you are sure she has arrived at her home, call or text her to know whether she arrived safely.
- Make it a habit to call or text her regularly. This way, you will impress her and she will want to meet you again.
Now, all the jitters are gone. Go out there and be the man she will want to meet again. It is as easy as the tips are. Good luck with you date. Do not forget to be a gentleman.